Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lizzie Tales

Two funny Lizzie stories:
#1

So I was giving Lizzie a bath the other night. After doing all the necessary things a bath entails I let her play for about 15 minutes before I drained the bath water. We have found that we would NEVER get her out of the tub if the water was still in there. Well after the water was all gone we did our normal bribe-Lizzie-with-a-movie-so-she-gets-out-of-the-tub thing. This was the first night that it failed...
Us: Want to watch Beauty and the Beast?
Her: No, no, no, no.
U: Toy Story
Her: No, no, no, no.
U: Nacho Libre
Her: No, no, no, no.
Not one movie was acceptable. So I sat there for 10 minutes offering other things every once in awhile still getting the same response: No, no, no, no. So then I got a book and read for another 20 minutes with my suggestions still getting the No, no, no, no. Finally after 30 minutes of no water in the tub Jai came in and offered grapes to her and she accepted!!!

#2
Just this morning Lizzie was finishing her churro from dinner last night. She handed it to Jai while I changed her diaper but would not take it back afterwards. I told her if she didn't take it daddy would eat it. And so he did. Five minutes later she goes to Jai looking for her churro. When we told her he ate it she started whining and crying. I told her that if she wanted to cry over her churro that she would have to go to her own bed and cry about it there. And she did just that!! She walked quietly to her room and laid down on her bed and started crying about her churro. Then after 30 seconds she got up came back into the room and gave Jai a hug and a kiss and went about her business. It was so funny!! I never expected that she would actually do what I told her!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hey guys, I just happened upon your blog from someone else's. Your girls are so cute!

karajason said...

Your girls are darling. I think I've been a little out of the loop lately because I didn't realize you'd had another one. Congratulations!